Thursday, January 5, 2012

The New Year Just Got A Little Sweeter!


My gorgeous sister-in-law (who nobody would look at and think indulges in sweets) just informed me that Susie Cakes is offering pie baking classes. Oh my GOD a pie baking class...at Susie Cakes! I am obsessed with their celebration cake. I cannot wait to bake in the very space that they are created in. You have to bring your own rolling pin and wear non-slip shoes. Cost is $75 for a two hour class. They'll cover how to make basic pie dough with "proper rolling techniques", fruit marinating, how to assemble both crumble top and double crust pies, (including how to make Susie Cakes sweetie pies). The flavors and types of pies are TBD. I booked a spot. Hope you will too. FYI, gift certificates are available.

Call your local Susie Cakes for booking and details.