Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes

I just had to stop by this place. Yummy is a old college nickname of mine and who doesn't love a cupcake. I opted to try the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and the vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting. Being that I have Southern roots, please know that red velvet runs in my veins. I have to say that Yummy's version was luscious, moist and decadent. They are generous with the frosting, which has that "Krispy Kreme effect", razor thin crisp layer and a creamy smooth interior. The vanilla cupcake was delicious too. The chocolate frosting was a lightly whipped indulgence. I do have to mention that although the cupcakes lived up to the name "Yummy", the ambiance left room to be desired. I mean the space is cute enough but I expected the smell of vanilla and bakery goods to flood the air. This was NOT the case. I took it upon myself to lean over to the employee at the register and say "I have to tell you something. It smells in here". I then took it the Super Bowl of truth and informed her that it "smells like vomit". I felt like The Grinch in the midst of this fluffy sugar laden Wonderland but someone had to say something. Their product is too good to be soured by some feral aromatic mishap of unknown origin. Either way I'm going back for more, more, more.
Yummy Cupcakes
313 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 393-8283
www.yummycupcakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment