Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For the Love of Food: Declarations of Culinary Appreciation

In honor of Valentine's Day I am sharing a few quotes from people who like us share a deep love for all things food. Wishing you love, lust and gluttony. Happy Valentine's Day.

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf

“Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn.”
- Garrison Keillor

“Eggs Benedict is genius. It’s eggs covered in eggs. I mean, come on, that person should be the president.”
- Wylie Dufresne

“Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants.”
- Unknown

“Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one,
you might as well have two.”
- Chef Alain Ducasse

“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
- W.C. Fields

“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”
- Luciano Pavarotti

"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment